Thursday, April 2, 2015

APril 2, 2015 HEAL

A prayer for healing

Lord, Jesus Christ, when I read the gospel stories I am touched by your healing power.  You healed sick bodies to be sure, but you did so much more.  You healed the spirited and the deep inner mind.   Most of all I am touched by your actions of acceptance that spoke healing into those who lives on the margins of life- shoved aside by the strong and the powerful.
   Speak your healing into me, Lord – body and mind and soul.  Most of all, heal my sense of worthlessness.  My head tells me that I am of infinite value to you but my heart cannot believe it.  Heal my heart, Jesus, heal my heart.  Amen.

My dear precious child, come and sit with me awhile.
Other do not value you because they do not understand.  They value
only the most trivial of things – power, strength, beauty, wealth,
intelligence, influence.  You do not need those things to gain my
acceptance and my love.
I call you blessed just because you are.  Come close and receive my
blessing, let you heart feel the warmth of my healing.
And now, my child, never despise what I have called blessed.

From Prayers from the Heart by Richard J. Foster


No comments:

Post a Comment