Friday, April 24, 2020

We are Trinity (Jo-Ann Nestor)

My name is Jo-Ann Nestor.  I live on Whangtown Road in Carmel with my husband Charlie and our two college aged daughter’s Megan and Danielle.  They spend most of their time at school.  I am a teaching assistant in the Carmel Central School District. I mostly like to read and I walk everyday.

I started attending Trinity when I was baptized, when it was located in the village of Brewster. Growing up at Trinity I was an acolyte and a Sunday School Teacher!  My two sister’s and I were married at Trinity as well.  Once my twin daughter’s were born, I made a decision to become a more active member.  I was the cherub choir director while my girls were growing up.  I also co-led Vacation Bible School for numerous years as well. I can’t imagine my life without Trinity in it!

My favorite experiences at Trinity have to be when my children reached mile stones.  Baptism, Communion, receiving their bibles, Scouting awards with Trinity, and Confirmation.  It moves me to tears being able to be a part of it all.

I do love numerous hymns. However my favorite has to be “Here I am Lord.” I can’t sing it without tears, it is truly moving.I feel the Lord’s presence when I am singing, or when the choir is singing.

The word or words that come to mind when I think about Trinity is “my rock!” I Thank God everyday that I have Trinity as my constant in my life, especially with everything changing daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment