Wednesday, April 22, 2020

We are Trinity (Laurie Bell)


1. Laurie (and Peter) Bell, f/k/a Laurie Yessian, 3rd generation TLC member (mother Dorothy Yessian and grandmother Helene Petersen were some of the founders of TLC).  We used to actively camp with the Trinity Campers, and enjoyed many Couples Club activities.  I was in the choir since the age of 8 (children's, then junior then senior choir).  I was active in what was then a large Youth Group.  I was also on the committee to come up with our mission statement.  My mother sang in the senior choir for decades and was also a long time Sunday School teacher, in addition to camping and Couples Club (during one of the Oktoberfests my mom and dad and several other couples from Couples Club took German dance lessons and performed at the Oktoberfest).  Mom was also on the Council and I think Worship & Music Committee as well.

2. Started worship at TLC from before birth (see above).  Kept coming because of the sense of community, family, faith, music.

3. Favorite experience at TLC was my parent's 25th wedding anniversary and their vow renewal ceremony (yes, even surpassed my own wedding at TLC)

4. Favorite hymn.....too many to count.  All those you can sing without the hymnal that you know by heart.  Love to sing alto whenever the congregation knows the melody

5. I experience the presence of Christ in the congregation every time we help out with the BESP, say good morning to one another in Church, and (until this year) especially at Easter service and Christmas Eve service.  Most importantly, every time I take communion, especially at the altar rail

6. One word for Trinity: (OK really a phrase) Family In Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment