Sunday, November 28, 2021

Advent Devotions: Peace (11/28/2021)

 




Sunday November 28                         Peace                                 John 14:25-27

I have said these things to you while I am still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and remind you of all that I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid.

****

In the Bible passage for today, the first Sunday in Advent, Jesus is preparing his disciples for his arrest and eventual death on the cross. Today we begin preparing for his birth. This is the beginning of the Church year when we recall all the events in the life of our Savior. Jesus wants us to know that what we all wish for – Peace – is ours through him. One of the phrases we hear frequently during the holiday season is “Peace on earth, good will toward men”. In the crazy world we live in, this echoes loud and clear. Can you imagine what the world would be like if everyone was at peace? During this time of Advent let us prepare for the birth of Jesus and pray for peace.

Prayer: Heavenly Father we ask today for your peace upon our families, country and the world. Help us to prepare for the birth of your Son and the love he brings to us all.  In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

Deacon Dorothy Kafalas


No comments:

Post a Comment