Saturday, March 27, 2021

40 Words of Lent: Follow (3/27/2021)


 

In reflecting on these Lenten words, I have often let whatever first comes to mind be the basis of my reflection.  Today is no exception.  Listen first to this song before continuing: https://youtu.be/nkFz6I1Lh2g

I always liked how this movie took popular songs and used them to express faith.  In fact, it actually is much better in relationship to following Jesus than another person (as it could be akin to stalking).

The level of discipleship proclaimed in this song invites deep commitment and reflection of the love that Jesus gives to us.  

Listen again to this song and use it as a prayer, seeking God's strength 

Love him, I love him, I love him
And where he goes I'll follow, I'll follow, I'll follow
I will follow him, follow him wherever he may go
There isn't an ocean too deep
A mountain so high it can keep me away
I must follow him (follow him), ever since he touched my hand I knew
That near him I always must be
And nothing can keep him from me
He is my destiny (destiny)
I love him, I love him, I love him
And where he goes I'll follow, I'll follow, I'll follow
He'll always be my true love, my true love, my true love
From now until forever, forever, forever
Songwriters: Arthur Altman / Franck Pourcel / Jacques Plante / Norman Gimbel / Paul Mauriat
I Will Follow Him lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group, Suisa

No comments:

Post a Comment