Tuesday, March 9, 2021

40 Words of Lent: Know (3/9/2021)


I Corinthians 13:11-13: "When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways. For now we see in a mirror, dimly,[a] but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love."
 

Albert Einstein said: "the more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know".

That, my friends, is the beginning of wisdom

Proverbs 9:10: "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight."


What comes to mind for you when you hear the word "know"?

I like the sense of "being known" by God (as per passage above).  While others may only know a part of me, is is reassuring that God knows me through and through and still loves me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment