Saturday, March 7, 2015

March 7, 2015 FAITHFUL

Faith – No Magic Charm

Does enjoying my faith imply protection from the slings and arrows of outrageous  fortune?  No.  It did not stop my husband from dying prematurely.  It did not stop a careless truck driver from going through a red light and nearly killing me.  

My faith is not a magic charm, like garlic to chase away vampires.  

It is, instead, what sustains me in the midst of all the normal joys and tragedies of the ordinary human life.  It is faith that helps my grief to be creative, not destructive.  It is faith that kept me going  through the pain at the very portals of death and pulled me, whether I would or no, back into life and whatever works still lied ahead.


From Glimpses of Grace: Daily Thoughts and Reflections from writings by Madeleine L’Engle

No comments:

Post a Comment