Friday, December 10, 2021

Advent devotions: Hope (12/10/2021)

 


 Friday December 10                            Hope                                  Psalm 62: 5-7

For God alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is from him.

He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.

On God rests my deliverance and my honor; my mighty rock, my refuge is in God.’

****

I am a person who believes in hope, I turn to God in prayer when things look bleak and also when I am thankful for God’s presence. Years ago when my daughter was sick and told she had no more than six months to live I prayed and hoped that God would give her a longer life. Everyone in family, church, neighborhood and even the country through church were praying for her. Prayers were answered. She was granted 20 months of life after a transplant. God was there for her. Although she was not given a long life on earth I know we will all meet again in the hereafter. God is there when we need Him. He is someone we can count on always.

Prayer: Dear God, we thank you for being there for us in time of need. Grant us peace and understanding of others in our lives and in the world Show us how to get along with our enemies as well as friends. Keep us in your arms. This we pray in the name of your beloved Son Jesus. Amen

 

Deacon Dorothy Kafalas

No comments:

Post a Comment