Monday, December 6, 2021

Advent devotions: Hope (12/6/2021)


 Monday December 6                          Hope                                 Psalm 130:5-7

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;

my soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning, more than those who watch for the morning.

O Israel, hope in the Lord! For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is great power to redeem.

****

The Oxford Dictionary defines Hope as a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.  I realize that often my hope has time limits. If you are more than fifteen minutes late, I will leave.  What might make me extend those limits... until morning... until next week... next year... another decade?  Who do I trust enough to keep waiting? The Psalmist has hope and trusts in God’s steadfast love... God’s grace.  As we approach the celebration of the Nativity, we are reminded of God’s great love for all humanity.  God’s love through Jesus Christ is the ultimate gift that greets us with love, forgiveness and eternal life. And, God has not, does not and will not disappoint.  Truly God’s love and promise are worth the wait. 

 

Pr. Elaine Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment