Wednesday, December 16, 2015

2015 Advent Devotions (12/16/15)

12/16/2015 Wednesday
Psalm 107      A Song of Being Saved in Times of Trouble
How many times have we been in a situation when all we feel and hear are the troubles of those around us and how we will never survive? For some of us it is a daily routine. We think of only the bad things in our lives.
We don’t look around to notice our family and the house we live in or the wonderful pets we are blessed with. I know I have been there many times. Recently things have changed. I notice how much I love my family, my friends, and the pets of many of my friends. It is a wonderful feeling and I have truly been saved from those times of trouble. It is such a wonderful feeling knowing that I have lived for all this time and I am so blessed with all those things which I had not been paying attention to. My granddaughter just turned 16, Wow! That is awesome. My grandson plays soccer and runs in cross country races and I had the opportunity to recently attend some of his events. Again I am truly blessed. Talk about being saved in TIMES OF TROUBLE! My troubles are so minor compared to what I have been able to witness.
Thank you Lord for being there in my Times of Trouble. Watch over us all so we might see beyond the bad things and truly see all the good things in and around our lives each and every day. God’s Blessing on us ALL! Amen!

Ken Mongold

No comments:

Post a Comment