Friday, December 4, 2015

2015 Advent Devotions (12/4/15)

12/4/2015 Friday
Psalm 119      A Psalm About God’s Faithfulness
We are all on the path of spiritual journey. Sometimes we stumble, sometimes we stray. Yet God is always with us with his steadfast love; always welcoming us back to the path. Each one of us is beloved and unique: “Your hands have made and fashioned me.” (v. 73). The psalmist asks for understanding and writes that “your teaching is my delight” (v. 77). The word “delight” resonates because God’s word is the light guiding us through the darkness and the perils of the journey. Bible study thus becomes more than a critical reading for meaning. It is the recognition of God’s love for us and his desire for a deepening relationship with us, and a call for our undivided loyalty to him. We desire to follow the path of righteous living.

With my whole heart I seek you;
do not let me stray from your commandments. (v. 10)
Give me understanding, that I may keep your law
and observe it with my whole heart (v. 34)


Joan Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment