Monday, December 7, 2015

Advent Devotions (12/7/15)

12/7/2015 Monday
Psalm 27      A Song of Hope & Trust
In Psalm 27, the psalmist is surrounded by his enemies. We are surrounded today with acts of impersonal, senseless violence, and enemies both known and unknown: ISIS; home-grown terrorists; and random shootings. These acts create anxiety, distrust, and hopelessness. I have experienced times of worry and fear“What if..? What should I do?” Such fears are debilitating and exhausting, but change nothing. Through faith I began to understand the words “In God We Trust.” God’s faithfulness and love for us are steadfast. He is “our refuge and our strength.” We can take action by praying - praying for guidance, security, and for a deeper relationship with God.
        The Lord is my light and my salvation
         whom shall I fear (27:1)
         The Lord is the stronghold of my life
         of whom shall I be afraid?

Joan Bradley



No comments:

Post a Comment