Saturday, December 5, 2015

2015 Advent Devotions (12/5/15)

12/5/2015 Saturday
Job 1:1-22      A Man Who Suffers
Job was a family man and very proud of what he was doing. He was a very wealthy man and set in his ways. He never thought he would have to go through the suffering that he did! We all get caught up in our lives and will forget how important our family is to us. We not only need to remember who our Lord and Savior is and how he suffered on the cross, but we need to remember how important God is in our daily lives. We get so caught up in the small things like doing dishes, taking out the trash, putting gas in the car, and so on that we forget how much our Lord means to us in even those small decisions we will make. During the past two years I have gone through some of the things Job did. Loss of family members and friends and forgetting to ask God to help me in my sorrow. It has been a tough two years for me, but now that I truly trust in God in making decisions and living a life full of joy and thanksgiving. It has taken me a long time to get over the losses but if we just trust in God and talk with Him...He will listen and help you through those tough times. We will never suffer alone!
Thank you Lord for giving me the power to listen and I ask you to look over all of us at Trinity Lutheran Church and give us all the power to listen! In His name we pray...Amen!


Ken Mongold

No comments:

Post a Comment