Monday, March 31, 2014

Lenten devotions: April 4, 2014

April 4, 2014                           Psalm 130
Friday                                      Ezekiel 33:10-16
                                                Revelation 11:15-19

Read from top to bottom these excerpts from today’s three readings as a single thought on God’s forgiveness and our redemptions from sin.
Psalm 130  A song of ascents
 I cry to you, Lord; Lord, hear my voice. If you, Lord, kept a record of sins, Lord, who could stand.  But with you there is forgiveness, . . .
Ezekiel 33:1-16
I take no pleasure in the death of sinners, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. If someone who is righteous disobeys, that person’s former righteousness will count for nothing. And if someone who is wicked repents, that person’s former wickedness will not bring condemnation.
Revelation 11:15-19
The time has come for judging the dead, for rewarding your servants . . . and destroying those who would destroy the earth.

Heavenly Father, you are exalted above all else.  Hear my cry of atonement.  Although unworthy, I turn to you for forgiveness.  It is only by your grace, and your only begotten Son, that I have any hope of salvation.  May you take pity on me, and by your mercy, grant me life in the world to come.  In Jesus name, I pray to you.  Amen


Don Icken

No comments:

Post a Comment