Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lenten Devotions: March 28, 2014

March 28, 2014                      Psalm 23
Friday                                      1 Samuel 15:22-31
                                                Ephesians 5:1-9


When I looked at the suggestions for the devotional, Psalm 23 really hit home for me.  "He leads me beside still waters and restores my soul, He guides me in the paths of righteousness”. In the past year and a half, my life has been turned upside down with my husband's diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease.  It has been a huge battle.  When I am at my wit's end, I take a time out and reflect and pray and give thanks to our Lord for giving me peace, hope and strength when I need it the most.  I could not do it alone. Our Lord has sent angels in his stead for support and encouragement.  For that I am truly grateful.

My dear Jesus, help me to stay strong and patient with the ones I love.  Continue to give me strength and guidance for whatever challenges may come my way. I know with you in my life I can handle anything. 

Joanne Halbekath

No comments:

Post a Comment