Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lenten devotions: March 27, 2014

March 27, 2014                      Psalm 23
Thursday                                 1 Samuel 15:10-21
                                                Ephesians 4:25-32

Psalm 23 is probably one of the best known of all the psalms.  We tend to associate it with funerals and memorial services since it usually is one of the readings.  It is comforting to know that even during the worst times of our lives God is there for us.  Like a shepherd He knows when we need Him and He takes care of us.  I once had to visit a family in the hospital who came from a strong Lutheran background.  Even the young children  knew the 23rd psalm and as we recited it together a calm came over everyone even though the family was about to lose a loved one.  This psalm is attributed to David who wrote many others.  While he was tending his sheep as a young shepherd I am sure this was a comfort to him.  The next time you feel a need for spiritual comfort turn to psalm 23.  It has guided me through many tough times and it can be the same for you.

Lord, be my shepherd.  Guide me through times of trouble and be with me always ,especially when I think I can handle things myself, With your hand to lead I know I'll be safe.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.


Dorothy Kafalas

No comments:

Post a Comment