Monday, March 31, 2014

Lenten devotions: April 5, 2014

April 5, 2014                           Psalm 130
Saturday                                  Ezekiel 36:8-15
                                                Luke 24:44-53

“You are my witnesses”

“Tell me what you saw”, said the police officer at the scene of the crime.   Eyewitness testimony is vital in the solving of crimes.  While perspectives may vary, the sharing of all information allows for a fuller understanding of the events that occurred.

Most days are a blur.  I don’t often pay attention to all the details around me.  What am I missing as I let each day slip by?  What have I failed to witness?

We are each witnesses.  We are given glimpses everyday of God’s love and grace.  Maybe it is in a simple smile or in the sharing of a meal with one who is without a home.  Glimpses of grace can be seen as the love of Christ overcomes the pain of betrayal.  It is revealed as forgiveness is offered and relationships are restored.
We are the witnesses to these glimpses.  We are called to not only open our eyes to see this grace, but to share it with others.  We are Christ’s witnesses. 

What have you seen?  Where have you glimpsed God’s love and grace revealed?  How have you shared your glimpses with others?


Pastor Jen Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment